30 YEARS AGO (November 1963)
1. GRAMS: SOMBRE MUSIC UP AND UNDER
2. ANNOUNCER: Thirty years ago this week an event happened that changed the world. Tonight, we on WEEKENDING pay tribute to a man. A very special man. A man with millions of admirers around the world. A model for a whole generation. There are few who moved so many so strongly so long. We asked a few people how that event thirty years ago affected them:
3. MAN 1: Well, I couldn't watch. I mean, it was just too terrible.
4. WOMAN : I couldn't watch. I hid behind the sofa.
5. MAN 2 : We all watched. It was unreal.
6. ANNOUNCER: This man, whose career was so cruelly cut short by powers beyond
his control. Some say assassination ... some say conspiracy ... All agree
he was a man out of his time. Thirty years on, the question on everybody's
lips is still, and will always be: "Where were you?" "Where were you thirty
years ago ... in November 1963
7. GRAMS: DOCTOR WHO THEME UP AND OUT.
from BBC Radio 4's WeekEnding
ComedyCollective Writers Project